Sales Manager USA (m/f/d)
Marlborough, MA (USA)
The major focus of this position is sales of PI’s core services to downstream clients (utilities/IPPs, developers, EPCs, and banks/investors) in the US market, with specific emphasis on new business development and existing account management.
The name PI Berlin stands for experience and quality. Our proven independence from manufacturers, construction companies, suppliers and lenders are essential both for creating high quality solutions, and for winning and retaining customer trust.
- Take-over a range of existing client relationships and successfully generate new/repeat sales.
- Expand our client base within targeted verticals.
- Collaborate with marketing to grow the company.
- Interact with Project Managers on pre- and post-sale customer communications.
- Manage personal sales pipeline and reporting.
- Provide intelligence on the US Solar market
- Help develop and implement improvements to the PI Berlin value proposition, including our products and services
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, engineering, communications, or another relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience consultative selling in/into the PV industry.
- A proven track record of self-generating leads, developing/managing accounts and closing sales.
- Basic technical knowledge of PV products and manufacturing processes.
- Existing network of downstream contacts across the US PV industry – ideally in the financial, development, and utility segments.
- Solid understanding and experience with commercial business processes.
- Ability to think and act strategically.
- Good analytical skills to understand and prioritize opportunities.
- Excellent listening, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in working with global clients.
- A conscientious and consultative approach to sales.
- Proficient with MS Office and CRMs.
- Flexible with work location and time.
- Willingness to travel on behalf of the company for training, conferences/trade shows, and client meetings.
||Regular employment contract
||TBD, fixed base plus revenue-dependent commission structure
||USA, Boston, MA area (or remote anywhere in the US)