Photovoltaic Services (PVS) – Project Engineer (f/d/m)
We are looking for a new member for our technical services team at our office in Bilbao. Women who are equally qualified are given preference.
The job requires both a mix of fieldwork at the PV plants of our customers and office work. Be also prepared to go to sunny places beyond the Iberian Peninsula and work together with the experienced teams of our offices in Berlin and the US.
- Testing of PV modules in operational PV plants using methods such as infrared thermal imaging, electroluminescence, and IV curve tracing
- Inspection of PV plants under construction and operational as part of acceptance testing and technical due diligence as well as troubleshooting activities
- Engineering services such as energy yield estimates, preliminary plant design, component specifications, and construction requirements
- Evaluation of technical documentation such as drawings, contracts, permits, datasheets, monitoring data
- Management of work packages from contracts including scheduling, logistics, and reporting
- Analysis, interpretation, and reporting of results for customer deliverables
- Provide support to the PI’s Project Managers
- Engineering degree in mechanical, electrical or environmental/renewable energy. Alternatively certification as an electrician.
- Experience in engineering, inspecting, and testing of PV power plants
- Willingness to travel and work on sites of PV power plants internationally. Time on site can reach 1 to 3 weeks. Travel will be approx. 20 % – 30 % of working time.
- Willingness to work occasionally at deviating working hours during site visits such as during the night-time or at weekends if necessary.
- Ability to work according to industry norms and standards to ensure high level of quality
- Excellent skills in English language (both speaking and technical writing)
- Working proficiency in German is useful but not a requirement; additional languages are beneficial
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team is a must
- Valid driver’s license
- Being able to work in different climate conditions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, PV Syst
||Regular employment contract
||30 Days per year
||40h per week | Optional flexible or part-time
||Technology Park Zamudio (Biscay), Spain