Job offer: ESS Quality Assurance Engineer (m/f/d), Asia (specifically South East Asia)
This position offers the opportunity to apply quality assurance expertise in PV manufacturing for buyers of PV components (modules, inverters, ESS, and the others) and to help manage several relationships with PV manufacturers in Asia including South Korea, Malaysia, Vietnam, India, and Thailand.
The name PI Berlin stands for experience and quality. Our proven independence from manufacturers, construction companies, suppliers, and project financiers are essential both for creating high-quality solutions and for winning and retaining customer trust.
With its internationally focused team of experts, PI Berlin provides a wide spectrum of inspection, planning, and consultation services. The core of our work is the implementation and quality assurance of complex PV projects. Our expert advice guides customers through all processes, from the production of modules to the approval of the completed power plant.
- Participating, leading and reporting in ESS manufacturing audits (battery cell, module, switch gear and ESS) and delivering technical due diligence reports.
- Creating audit checklists depending on the configuration of the ESS
- Providing guidance, support and training to team members
- Overall project management and technical support
- Creation of QA requirements for QC engineers and the manufacturer
- Monitoring the status of the manufacturing process
- Oversight and reporting of the manufacturing process
- Pre-shipment inspection and sample selection
- Conducting build witnessing and reporting
- Managing relationships with manufacturers and third-party service providers
- Reviewing technical documents and providing recommendations to the customer
- Provide professional manufacturer auditing and quality assurance services
- Secure quality assured battery cell, module, switch gear, ESS and other products for clients
- Create a strong portfolio of qualified manufacturers driven by client needs
Qualifications and Experience
- University level degree is preferred, preferably engineering or science based
- Fluency in English and Mandarin, including listening, speaking, writing, and reading
- Minimum 5 years of experience in battery manufacturing industry is essential (cells, modules, switch gear and containers for ESS product)
- Experience with production lines is required
- Experience with PV modules and inverters preferred
- Good understanding of industrial common standards including ISO9001, ISO14001, IEC+ UL standards (UL 9540 and/or 9540A, UL 1973 and UL 1642) preferred
- Basic understanding and experience with commercial business processes
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office
- Flexible with time and work locations (can be home-based)
- Willing to travel extensively on behalf of the company
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Strong ability to manage manufacturers without being influenced by them.
- A team player and leader with multicultural experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has ability to think and act strategically, even under pressure
||Regular employment contract
||40 Hours per week