Covering an area of over 2500 m², PI’s the state-of-the-art-equipped laboratory enables testing of standard modules and new prototypes for performance, reliability and durability.
The photovoltaic test laboratory of PI Berlin is accredited by the national German accreditation authority (DAkkS) and internationally as a CBTL (Certified Body Testing Lab) by IECEE with TÜV Süd as NCB (National Certification Body). The accreditation is in accordance with IEC/ISO/EN/DIN 17025 and therefore PI Berlin is officially recognized to carry out testing according to IEC 61215/61646/61730.
In addition the laboratory is an official photovoltaic testing laboratory of Intertek/ETL to carry out testing in accordance with UL 1703. PI Berlin is listed and accepted by CEC (California Energy Commission) as well as many banks (e.g. DKB German Credit Bank) and financing institutions.
- IEC 61215 | Design qualification and type approval of crystalline PV-modules
- IEC 61646 | Design qualification and type approval of thin film PV-modules
- IEC 61730 | Photovoltaic module safety qualification
- UL 1703 | Standard for safety flat-plate PV-modules
- IEC 61701 ed.2 | PV-modules salt mist corrosion test
- IEC 62716 | PV-modules ammonia corrosion test
- MCS | Product certification for the British market